-Ok so I had to share this recipe because we loved it SO much!-
Easy Vegan Ramen recipe!
Originally we were going for a vegan pho- but i soon realized that the broth I had purchased was called "Ramen Broth." Whops. Ramen it is!
Heres what you will need!
- 1 Box of Imagine Ramen Broth- (you could use just a plain vegetable broth too)
- 1 Package of Buckwheat Noodles
- 1 Cup chopped carrots
- 1 Bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 Of a small leek- chopped (or more if desired-we kept ours larger-LOVE)
- 1/2 TBSP Tamari
- 1 Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 Cup mushrooms (or more is desired)
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- 1 Package of Light Life Original Tempeh
- 1 TBSP Walden Farms (or any brand) maple syrup
- 2 TBSP Liquid amino acids (or soy sauce )
- 2 Cups chopped in 1/2 brussel sprouts
- 1/2 TBSP garlic powder (or fresh garlic if desired)
- Lime juice
- 1-2 TBSP Chili garlic sauce
FOR THE BROTH
1) In a large pot, warm the chopped leeks and fresh ginger (if desired) over medium heat with a splash of water on the bottom of the pot. Allow to soften for about 5 -7 mins.
2) Add entire package of vegetable broth or ramen broth to pot. (we added about 2 cups of water to ours to make more broth.)
3) Veggie time- Next add chopped brussels sprouts, carrots, and mushrooms.
4) Spice it up! - Add a splash of lime juice, the red pepper flakes, the chili garlic sauce, garlic powder, and 1/2 of the grated fresh ginger (you can use more ginger if you want! )
5) Turn on medium to low heat and allow to simmer while you start on the tempeh.
FOR THE TEMPEH
1) In a small mixing bowl add the following; The tamari, sesame seeds, maple syrup, liquid amino acids (add more if desired-not as strong as regular soy sauce! ); and another splash of lime juice. Mix well. -If you like more of a smokey flavor a good stir fry sauce would be good to add to the marinade! Make it your own!
2) Slice tempeh into long strips, and then again for desired size. Place tempeh into mixing bowl and coat with marinade. Allow to sit for 15 mins.
3) Once tempeh has absorbed most of the marinade, place into a medium size pan on medium heat. After about 10 mins- flip and cook on opposite side for 5-10 more mins. Tempeh should be a golden brown on both sides. (As you can see in the picture! ) Add more sesame seeds to the top of the tempeh if you want too!
FOR THE REST
1) Boil a small pot of water for the buck wheat noodles and place 2 bundles in the pot (feeds 2 people). Allow to boil for about 4 minutes, or as your package requires.
2) Once the noodles are done, its time to dish up!
3) Place buckwheat noodles in a serving bowl first, then add the broth with veggies, and tempeh- garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and add a splash of lime juice and siracha if desired! Enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a chilly fall or winter night after work.
Make a night of it! Have some fun with it!
Go PLNT BSD! :)