Whats your go-to breakfast food? Do you make sure to have breakfast in the morning?
Ive been making smoothie bowls for the past 2 years now every morning (mostly), and its changed me into the "morning person" that I want to be every day. Not only does it help to get me going in the morning, but its a form of meditation before filling my mind with the day to day tasks and thoughts that we all have. As silly as it sounds, choosing the color, texture, and toppings on my bowl gives me a sense of calm and lets me choose exactly what my body needs that day based on how it feels. Listen to your body!
Not only are smoothie bowls good for you, but they give your metabolism the kick start that it needs, and helps you to naturally prepare to make food choices that will nourish your body.
When you change the presentation of your smoothie, and have it out of a bowl, it can feel more like a meal than just a smoothie or drink. I like to make sure I add toppings and fillings that will help me feel full throughout the day. Examples of some nutrient dense toppings are:
- Flax Seed
- Chia Seeds
- Goji Berries
- Raw Coconut
- Nut Butters
- Well Path powder (You can get your own powder customized to exactly what your body needs and sent to your door weekly. My mom introduced me to this company and I literally CRAVE it every morning in my smoothies. )
When making my smoothie bowls, I always like to make sure I have some frozen banana or coconut yogurt on hand to help me get the creamy texture that I love! Any nut milk is always a good choice too!
Heres a basic recipe for a "PLNT BWL" that I make every morning.
Berry Bliss PLNT BWL
(Please tag @PLNT_BWL & @PLNT_BSD on Instagram if you make this bowl! )
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- almond milk (for desired creaminess)
- 1 scoop Well Path (if desired)
- handfull kale or spinach
- top as desired: For this bowl I used kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, dragon fruit, goji berries, flax seed, and raw coconut shavings.
Start your day off right with a smoothie bowl!
Thank you for being #PLNTBSD!